The ladies of crossfit central and crossfit central runtex are taking on a paleo challenge starting today. Jessica started the challenge and you should refer to her blog for all the details. If that is too much clicking for you, here they are straight from her blog:
The Way it Works:
1. $10 Buy in to throw in the prize pot for the winner(s)! The person(s) with the LEAST amount of total cheats at the end of the challenge wins the $$.
2. Starts Monday, August 2nd & Ends Sunday, August 29th (August session, 4 weeks/28 Days!)
3. Must be a current client in the month of August to participate.
4. Keep a daily food log - we are on the honesty policy. If you aren't writing down everything you eat you are cheating yourself as well as your teammates and might as well not do the challenge. Be honest, write everything down, this is to help you =)
5.10 mins. before or after class (depending on what class you are in) you will all sit down and swap food logs with each other. You will highlight and total the amount of cheats in the log for the days in review. This will not only hold you more accountable than just showing me but you will also get ideas from each other. At the end of the 4 weeks total the number of cheats and the person with the lowest cheats wins the prize pot but also will probably look, feel and perform the best! ;-)
1. NO Bread/Grains
2. NO Dairy
3. NO Legumes
4. NO Sugar
5. Only ONE alcoholic beverage per day!! Beer is not permitted. Only 4oz. Red Wine or 1oz. Liquor.
6. I am allowing Protein Shakes because these can be great for post-workout recovery and/or a quick, nutrient packed meal on the go.
7. I am allowing cream in your coffee. It's a trivial amount and this is sometimes the only thing that holds people back from doing a challenge. Small amount of cream, not a latte that is 3/4 milk.
8. I am allowing Spark...because it makes people happy ;-)
9. You get ONE free Cheat per week. That doesn't mean one day, one cheat! Example: Pasta one night or Ice Cream for dessert or 2 glasses of wine instead of one, etc.
10. Daily WRITTEN Food Log! No online this time because the way we are checking them and keeping each other accountable.